Pages

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Back to School Part 2

Back To School Part 2

Because my classroom is small, and the classroom next to mine happens to be empty this year, I decided to use that room as a reading lab room. My students are going to be able to go to this room once a day during reading groups and get to work on workstations. Unfortunately, that meant another room I had to organize and decorate. But as I stated in my previous post, I have a large amount of classroom decor, so I think my workstation room turned out to be cute. It still needs some items here and there, but I haven't decided what to use in all of the blank spaces. My students are going to be so excited to use this room! I am excited too, because now we won't be on top of each other in the classroom during guided reading.

Bulletin Board for Guided Reading Room:
Before
In all fairness, the boxes, bins, and carts were not just lying haphazardly in this room for a year. I moved items I was not going to use in my classroom into this room while decorating my classroom; so I could use it in the reading lab. This room was more of a storage room with tables, desks, chairs, and guided reading books. 








After:



Guided Reading Table
Thankfully, I found a kidney shaped table to use instead of this long table. All it needs now are dry erase circles and the guided reading area is set!




Language Workstation:

Spelling/Sort Workstation:

Science/Discovery Workstation:

Writing Workstation


Reading/Listening Workstation:



My students will go to one workstation area a day. Each workstation will have multiple activities for the students to complete, so that if they finish one activity early, they will be able to work on another activity until they are called to their guided reading group. The workstation activities will also change out weekly. 

I am so excited for my students to use this room! They are going to love it!


0 comments:

Post a Comment